Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Ok, this deserves an entire post on its own...

I am FED UP with diet and exercise talk. I went to lunch with a bunch of girl friends who spent the entire meal gabbing on about how many kilos they've lost and the number of classes a the gym they attend. I was just about to take a huge bite out of my burger 'with the lot' when they all look at me and I realise they're waiting for me to tell them how I keep the weight off. Putting my burger down and wiping the mustard off my chin, I shrugged, then reached across the table to snag a handful of my friends fries. "I just don't think about it." Looks were exchanged between the other girls and I knew exactly what they were thinking. But why should I feel bad?? Huh?

Now, considering I do NO exercise and eat whatever I like, I am pretty lucky. I'm tall and slim and have never been overweight. Do I feel sorry for the people who have to exercise and diet all the time? Yep. Does it compel me to do the same? Nope. Does it make me want to just be fat and struggle with my weight just so the others stop saying "it's ok for you - you're skinny"? Yeah, sometimes...

But, I'm LAY-ZEE. Trust me when I say that I was given good genes because whoever invented me knew I'd be too lazy for the upkeep on a body that needed work. And I don't have a perfect body. I need to tone my arms and I'd love to get a bit more strength in my upper body, but I don't obsess. Life is too short to be sweaty.

I am in no way in love with myself (although re-reading this post, it sounds like it), but I am in love with my body as all women should be. And as Ellen DeGeneres said "I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon."

Mmmmm, cinnamon buns...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]