Monday, March 20, 2006

It is decidedly so...


I'm an indecisive person. Anyone who knows me knows this. Especially my long-suffering boyfriend, who has stood waiting for me to decide on where we'll eat, what brand of shampoo and conditioner (straight or curly? I'm both!), which book to read, what colour shoes... you get the picture.

Even my mother, my own flesh and blood has commented on my indecisiveness. While shopping, she looked at me, When did you get so indecisive? You see, I used to have LISTS of presents I definitely wanted for my birthday and Christmas, however this year I have no clue. I mean, I have a few things I'd love to receive as a gift, but my problem is I don't want to 'lock it in'.

I've never been that hard to buy for! Never! And I've never been so uncertain about every day things. I dither my way through every day, hoping that I'm making the right decisions for myself.

I mean, if girl can't decide what she wants to eat, how can she choose her career? Or whether or not she should quit her job? Or pick a fucking dentist for christ's sake? Huh?

...breath...

So! I've invested in a device which will make my decisions for me. A magic 8 ball. Ta da! Magic! Every time I need to make a decsion - out comes Madge (I named it.. I have to be able to say "Madge decided to do that" if the decision turns out to be wrong.)

My only problem now is stopping myself from asking the same question over and over until I get the response I think I want.

Should I quit my job? Shake shake shake All signs point to no , Nope, shake shake shake. It looks doubtful Nope, Shake shake shake. It is decidedly so , Well alright!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]