Thursday, January 12, 2006

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?

I'm a little bit everywhere in my mind at the moment. I've been talking to a good friend of mine who is planning on quitting his job, but also needing money to travel. Bit of a catch-22 situ, right? On one hand - do you stick out a job that you despise for an undisclosed amount of time in order to make enough cash to do something so you can be happy, or do you quit what you hate to do something that you love, hoping that it just turns out.

There's a lot to be said about hope. Aristotle, in his wisdon said "Hope is a waking dream." I truly believe that life without hope is bleak and uninteresting. As a child and even now I have these grandiose desires to just run away one day, leave everything behind, start a new life in an exotic location...

Tonight I watch Before Sunrise. It is basically a movie about taking a chance, being strong enough to take a risk on somebody. The main character, Celine, at one stage says: "If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed, but... who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt.

I've decided on a new New Years Promise. Embark on an adventure to meet and get to know new people.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]