Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In light of the Cronulla riots...


...am I allowed to wear a dress made from the Australian flag on Australia Day or would that be blatantly "Aussie" (read: racist against non-whites)?

I'm proud of my flag and am in no way racist or -ist in any way (ok, maybe I'm -ist against bad budgeters - but that's my job) so can I enjoy Australia Day draped in the flag that I grew up believing in or should I be ashamed? The images of the troublemakers wearing the flag like a superman cape and shouting racist slurs have tainted the experience for me...

Maybe green stretch fabric with yellow marabou feather trim is the way to go - oooohhhhh yeah! Green and gold baby, green and gold!

Comments:
You can wear your flag, for sure... As far as I'm concerned, wearing the flag is a show of patriotism and nothing else!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]