Sunday, January 29, 2006

Everything looks perfect from far away...


Last night I came to the realisation that I don't belong to the 'Club Scene' as much as I used to. Sure, I love to dance, I love the music and I love to drink. But that doesn't mean I love how the clubs turn off the air-con to make you thirstier, and I certainly don't like the 18 (read: 16) year old girls wearing short denim skirts with 6-inch heels standing there looking like they're above dancing with the guys... and don't get me started on how I don't love the guys who come up to you with a friend and say: "Have you met so-and-so?" Thinking it's cute to introduce your clueless fool of a friend is NOT cool, nor will it get you or your friend laid - not by me anyway.

So by midnight last night I was more than ready to come home, wash the sweat and smoke out of my pores and veg on the couch watching B-grade sitcoms. I've always been the party-chick, the one who can out-last, out-drink and out-dance all of my friends. However lately I've been too tired and more or less over it all. I think it's just the clubs we go to here, they're always the same old everything. Which is why I'm psyched to be heading overseas next year. Looks like it will be a toss up between Canada and Europe now, but I can't see why we can't do both.

So anyway, this weekend went by fast, as usual, but I've only got a short week at work. I'm taking Thurs and Friday off to head down to my parent's place and soak up some sun.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]