Monday, December 05, 2005

Cringe moments...


My best friend and I have things that we like to call "cringe moments", where you'd give your first born child to be able to rewind and start again. Drunken hook ups, foot-in-mouth moments and regretable brush offs all come under the "cringe moment" category.

So I've been thinking... cringe moments don't always occur straight after the fact. You get your "I wish I didn't say that.." cringe moments immediately, but what about life-altering cringe moments?

My Top Three Life Altering Cringe Moments:
1. I chose to study Indonesian and Ancient History instead of Biology and Chemistry. The saddest part is I loved science. My parents bought me microscopes and bug catchers all my life. It was a well known fact that I wanted to be a nurse and you need highschool science electives to get into the course. Evidently Indonesian and Ancient History were enough to get me into a bloody Bachelor of Arts course. And here I am working for the fucking government.

2. I lost my virginity to a boy I didn't love. Granted, I eventually fell in love with him, but at the time it was not love at all. We were making out in his grandmother's living room, when he whispered to me "do you wanna go a step furver?" I nodded meekly and the rest is history.

3. This one confuses me more than any of the other cringe moments in my life. It was summer and my friend and I were staying at the uni. We partied with all of the international people that came to stay. Sometimes they were just visiting for a few days, some for a few weeks. One night we were taking a few of them to the pub and in the group we were with was an American guy who I got to talking to. He was in no way cute, but he was good to talk to. Everyone teased me when he'd get up to get a drink or go to the loo and say that I was flirting with him. I laughed and made it known that I wasn't into him. Anyway, we all went back to our apartment as some of my guy friends were crashing on our couches. For some reason he came back with us. I said good night to everyone and went into my room. Ten minutes later I hear a knock at my door, thinking it's one of my boys needing a pillow I just yelled at them to come in. So in comes the American guy. "Oh.... hi." I say, confused as all hell. He comes over to me and starts kissing me. I was pretty drunk so I kind of went along with it for a while, then realised...ew! He starts trying to take my pyjamas off, getting pretty persistent. Eventually I'm struggling to fight him off me. Then he all of a sudden stopped and told me that he wouldn't fuck me if I gave him a blow job. I was so scared that I actually did it. He left soon after and I vomited all night. The next morning I went into the living room which was full of all my best guy friends. I should have screamed out the night before, but I was more scared about what these guys would do to the scumbag if they knew he had hurt me. I debated reporting it to the university. Maybe I had led him on and deserved it for being a flirt, but I'll never forget what he said to me as he left me in a filthy heap... "I'll be fucking you before I leave Ausstralia."


Ok, wow. Didn't start this post with that story in mind, but there it is. First time ever told.

Maybe my next post will be cringe moments I can actually now laugh about.

Comments:
Oh my God. Your friends would have done everything to that scumbag he deserved coming to him. that was one of the most powerful posts i've read in a while.i hope you are ok.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]