Monday, November 07, 2005

She's one sick puppy...

I've got laryngitis. Yep, the sexy voice changing variety. So, here I am at home in bed watching Oprah staring Ricky Martin acting like a freakin' cartoon character.

Needing a medical certificate for taking a day off work, I walked down to the medical centre where you put your name down and get the first available doctor. It's usually at least a 15 minute wait, so I saddled up with a Who Weekly magazine from 2003, trying to ignore the fact that 100 other people, 100 much sicker, contagious people had picked up this same magazine. Imagine my surprise when my name was called 60 seconds into an article on Johnny Depp. So this doctor, a lovely, but stern lady with a thick Eastern European accent tells me I have laryngitis and tells me to not talk for the rest of the day. So I say, "Ok", and she says, "no, really don't talk."
I'm thinking why is she repeating herself? I get it! I say "Ok, I won't."
Then she says "No! Just nod! Don't speak!"
I had to seriously hold my laughter until I got outside.

Good news is I didn't have to go to work today, bad news is I'll be there tomorrow and GREAT news is I sound incredibly sexy when I sing...

Comments:
i just happened upon your blog because you posted right after me... most people in canada are asleep, which makes sense because you're in australia...
anywho, i just read your post cause i'm bored and you had pretty pink writing. had to comment cause i like you're writing style. you made me laugh - outloud (not necessarily a good thing because my boyfriend IS asleep)
that's all.
oh yeah, feel better!
 
Oh yeah, men LOVE the sexy voice!!

For almost an entire year during university, I had nodes on my vocal chords and I spoke in this strained, raspy voice. It was quite serious; I started vocal therapy to correct the problem.

In the beginning, my new voice embarrassed me. But, I quickly noticed that all of the guys just thought that it was my typical speaking voice and they all loved it. It was a fun year!!
 
k-min thankyou! and i'm glad you appreciate my pretty pink writing - chosen especially

stolie -i know right? unfortunately my huskyness is slowly disappearing...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]