Sunday, November 20, 2005

Nothin' else for me to do but dance...


I went to a friend's wedding last night. This is a pretty big deal for me because up until now, I'd only attended the weddings of family members. This was my first "friend wedding". I know that there will be plenty more in the next couple of years. In fact we're going to another wedding in just a few weeks. Everyone is doing the whole "you guys will be next" wink wink nudge nudge thing. Drives me crazy. When we're ready we'll be ready... a post on this topic will undoubtedly be written sooner rather than later...
Anyway, last night was a blast. I got to shake my shit on the dance floor for a while, that is until the Greek contingent of the wedding took over the dance floor to show us how it's done. Man, they had STAMINA. Even the great grandmother of the bride, who had flown over from Greece especially, didn't sit down once the DJ started playing Zorba etc. We gave it a go, but got shafted out pretty quickly (not coordinated enough you see) and not a moment too soon. There were times when I thought my arm would be ripped from it's socket by the ever-moving dancing circle.

On a totally unrelated note...
Why does everyone think Flashdance is a great movie? I mean really? Something happens when she hears the music. It's her freedom. It's her fire. It's her life. I just finished watching it and I'm astounded by the sheer ridiculousness of it. I won't go on, but there is one particular moment when I was completely confused. It was the whole lobster head job innuendo. I was like "huh? where the hell did that come from?" And the dance routines? All I could think about was Ben Stiller's moves in Starsky and Hutch. Veeery similar.

So Monday tomorrow.. that totally sucks.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]