Sunday, November 13, 2005

My weekend...



Sunday night - so bitter sweet... Relaxed - but at the back of my mind I know I have to work ALL WEEK.

Three years ago at around this time on a Sunday night I would be at the dodgy club down the road drinking $2 vodka and raspberries and shaking my shit on the dance floor. It was a given that we would be out regardless of whether I had class or work in the morning. You see, we never went out on a Saturday, that was 'local' night and we were by no means locals. Perish the thought! Well, nowadays I am a local. I've lived in this little city for 5 years and my friend and I now laugh about how it was social suicide to stay at home on a Wednesday or Sunday night. Maybe we're just getting old, or maybe the scene was getting to be same-old same-old. I still go out and party and admittedly binge drink regularly, however it's a different type of going out. It used to be all about going out to meet new guys, nowadays I prefer to hang out with the guys I know. I still love meeting new people, but I also love catching up with my mates and having a chat.

My weekend started innocently enough... dinner with a co-worker. It all came undone when I ordered not one, not two, but three gigantic margaritas. Suffice to say, the night just snowballed and I ended up at a night club. Met a really nice guy who was great friend potential, however his psycho friend decided that I was teasing him because I have a boyfriend.

Um, excuse me? Since when did talking to a guy in a club mean that you want to have sex with them?
Oh, it's always meant that... but why can't it change? I like guys and not just to hook up with! As friends. Crazy, I know...

Fast forward 8 hours - I've never been so hungover in my LIFE! Saturday was basically a write-off. DVDs and naps all round.

Sunday was nice, I met my mum and sister at a mall about 30 minutes from where I live and finally bought shoes for the wedding I have to attend next weekend. I'm all set now, except for the clutch that I anticipate will magically appear for 50% off...

So here I am snuggled up on my couch, squeaky clean hair, freshly shaved legs and a lovely layer of Ella Bache fake tan. I'm set for the week. Having an early shower rocks. I remember when we were kids, on Sundays my sister and I would always be bathed by 5:30 and into our pajamas, parked in front of the TV, laying on our stomachs, our faces propped up by our hands, ready for Get Smart which started at 6. Dinner was typically toasted cheese sandwiches or eggs on toast and we were always in bed by 8. I loved the whole Sunday ritual and I still associate the Get Smart theme tune with toasted cheese sandwiches and clean hair.

Ok, bed beckons... big week ahead! Good night.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]