Monday, November 21, 2005

Man-bags..

"Why don't you go and have a lie down honey?" He says as he walks past with a mop in his hand.

Wha...?

I love it when he senses that I need some time to wind down after work, I love it even more when he is cleaning our bathroom.

I'm so ridiculously tired. The weekend was long and today seemed to S-T-R-E-T-C-H. I've been told that if I keep up how I'm going I'm going to get a huge payrise by the end of the year, so I'm busting my butt to maintain all my hard work. Today felt like I was going backwards. I had so much work to do, but it was one of those days where every customer I spoke to wanted to chat about their family, work, lack of money, domestic violence orders and child support worries. I found myself thinking "who cares?" when it is my job to care.

Walking home I passed a man carrying a man-bag. It was a brown leather one that he held between his body and his elbow. As strange as it is, at that moment I felt hugely sorry for all men. It must suck to not have anywhere acceptable to put your crap when you're shopping or walking around doing errands, except for in your pockets. It's ok for men who carry a briefcase, this is an acceptable man-bag, but what about on the weekend? Where does their crap go then? This is the reason some guys resort to bum-bags (fanny packs). It drives me crazy to see a guy with a stupid bum-bag hung casually over their shoulder. I always get the urge to yank it off and clip it around their waist. Bum-bags are daggy any way you wear them, but over the shoulder is by far the daggiest. Especially if it's an Adidas bum-bag. Some men even carry those ugly green woolworths shopping bags. They pretend they've just been shopping, but I know that it contains their wallet, phone, chapstick, daily planner, light cardigan in case it gets cool, lunch, a newspaper and any other crap that they decide is important enough to lug around... oh wait, that's my handbag.

So to recap... I'd hate to be a guy. I love being a girl. I need some sleep.

Comments:
The man-bag or "murse" is getting popular. I see more and more men carrying them on the streets these days.
 
I love the term man-purse.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]